Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Running is a start

I think as I sit at a counter, doing my daily job. I'm not going to lie I actually love my job. Most people don't. I love my co-worker and my boss. I see these people over 40 hours a week and still get alone. I am an amazing people person which is crazy to think about. I use to be so very shy. Petrified about meeting new people. Now I know my products and sell them well. Only downfall with money is the people that don't pay it back. Which results in millions of phone calls a week.

But anyway. I am about to hit one of my goals. On Monday, I ran for 14 minutes straight at 3.7 and incline at 1.7. Which is small yes. But it is huge for me to be getting to my halfway to thirty. I want to be able to run 3 miles in 30 min., right now I average at almost 2 in thirty min.

I've been thinking a lot about people that start up running. It is so difficult. Nobody tells you that when you first start your calves, thighs, and feet will hurt. Nobody tells you that sometimes you will get so bored from running, that you won't want to run. They also won't tell you in your last ten minutes you will count down and then feel so amazing when your done. Nobody also tells you that at first you gain weight from muscle.

I literally have been bored of every app that helps run. Every couch to 5k, zombie,5k they bore me to death. Zombie run catches my interest for the story line but you get to listen to,much 60 percent of the time.

1 comment:

  1. I just decided to give up on running for a little while (until I lose more weight because my knees are no good these days). However, I SO enjoyed the difficulty and challenge of running. The feeling you get after accomplishing a running goal or just plain finishing a run is so hard to find elsewhere. Enjoy running and the feelings that come from it (good and bad)!

    ReplyDelete