Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lorilyes Birth

Everybody tells you with your second kid it will be easier. You won't gain as much weight. Blah Blah Blahh....Well I am throwing all that away. After Having an easy birth with Zeke I decided I wanted another child. I wanted them close. So my Husband and I decided to get pregnant again. Btw I wanted a girl like madly. I loved having my little boy around. We did everything together and Being a stay at home mom helped that. Zeke was an excellent newborn and baby. He slept all night and was an angel. So that November we broke it to the family we were pregnant again. There were mixed feelings but we lived on our own and had been doing a great job.

Lorilyes Due Date August 5th 2009. Yeah that close. Zekes birthday is July 16th. I was ecstatic. Once again only had some cravings for Ice Cream and flavored water. Hated Meat once again. I think Fish was the worst. Craved Shrimp everyday. We had an ultrasound at 4 months and as she dug in my side. We found out we were having a girl. She was using the placenta for a pillow :) I probably jumped up and down screaming the entire time after that. I was finally getting my little girl. Pregnant and having a demanding baby is hard, but thank god he was an angel. David, like I said give him a chance, was coming around and was so excited for the baby! The mood swings were horrid though I once got so angry at David because the hot dogs weren't unfrozen...Ooops. Anyway, As I got closer my belly was higher, got the stretch marks to prove it. I gained 40 pounds during her but it was so worth it. Btw very convince Heartburn equals Hair. Lorilye was born with tons of it!

The labor story, I was mainly paranoid about ripping again. I knew labor would be short. So this time we were going for induction again. This time twice that week they cancelled. Damn woman with natural labors. The next day got to the hospital at 3pm, I hadn't ate yet because I didn't want to throw up or anything. Then the same nurses were there that were there when Zeke was born. How awesome is that. But I got notified by Olga that my Dr. Didn't trust me to have the baby seeming as last time she missed it. So I ate some mashed potatoes. I thought if I am going to throw up something why not mashed potatoes. I waited for my doctors clinic hours to be up and it came around 6 oclock. Dr. was still getting all her stuff done. The nurse came in and was going to put my Iv in.

I hate needles. When I had Mastitis they gave up giving me an Iv because they kept blowing veins. The first Iv attempt wasn't a complete failure until they tried to flush it. It was burning so bad I was crying which then lead to my hyperventilating. Joy, Right. They said that has never happened again. My vein was on fire. They moved it to my wrist, after 5 minutes I looked down and I had a golf ball size fluid under my wrist. That really freaked my out. Then after hyperventilating some more they blew another vein. Did I mention I hate needles! Ugh. So glad wasn't in labor yet. I was in so much pain on one arm when they put it on my other arm I was fine didn't even feel it.

Then about 9 oclock hit around. They decided to pop my water. She turned on the lights but a pad under my butt and used a hook. Rush tons of fluid came out. Completely uncomfortable. My dr. this whole time was sitting in the room waiting for me to have lori. Just watching Animal planet. I love my doctor for sure. Then after an hour nothing had started. Nothing. Then they gave me a whiff of plitosin 3 drips and bam! I was in full force labor. I was having back labor. I could barely lean back let alone have them check me. My doctor was doing her best to check me while sitting. Leaning back was not an option. David was coaching me on so much, that I got annoyed. At one him telling me I was hot and sweating, and I was like stop touching me duh! I am having a baby! I finally caved in at 6 cm and got some nubain.

So that was stupid. So on top of my back killing me I was barfing mashed potatoes. The pain didn't stop it just made me tired and puking. David telling me not to fall asleep. Painful! Finally at about 11some I told David I felt the urge to push. The nurse came and checked me. Telling me I am fully dilated on one side but the other side had a little bit of dilating to do. I asked her what would happen if it didn't dilate all the way. It could become swelled and then we would have to wait longer. So the freaking out starts. All I could think about was I have to push. Have to. My doctor was like if you feel the need to push than do it. I talked about my cervix and she wasn't concerned.

I got one push the head was there. The Dr. told me to stop pushing so they could check the umbilical cord. Right as she says "oops" I feel a sheering pain. I had ripped. God, that was awful. My baby girl was born at 12:01 am. August 6th 8lbs 6 oz 21 inches. After she came out ready for the placenta instead came out a heart size blood clot, about gave me a heart attack. Then the placenta came out easily. My uterus had some issues shrinking back down to size. The best part was the room looked like a crime scene. Blood everywhere, they forgot the cloth under the bed. So everything was covered in blood and the foot prints back and forth into the room priceless. 5 stitches and then I got to hold my little Red baby with black long hair :) She was and is priceless. She did cough up alot of fluid because of having her water popped. But she did amazing.



Breastfeeding her was easy for 8 months until she learn to bit. She hated meat! Actually didn't start to eat big girl food until her 2nd thanksgiving. She learned to walk at 12 months after she got an absessed on her knee from an affected mosquito bite. She even had to get it drained. She was a co sleeper and slept great as a newborn. Zeke took to his sister so well! He would help as much as he could, he was 12 months old when she was Born.

I have already noticed the differences. No two babies develop the same. It is so true. Zeke was an stubborn and climbing over everything. He was in a bed at 12 months because he won't stop climbing out of his crib. He then was escaping over gates. He only learned word he wanted too. Lorilye talks up a storm, hates getting dirty and loves dresses. She is clumpsy but shes working on it. She is also so emotional. (Side not...She will even freak out if he shoes get dirty) She tries to keep up with her brother so much and she is so talkative! I think having two is very difficult at times. Would I change it...never....They are ever changing and so is this mommy.


She is a newborn in this picture.They let us out the next day. Yay, for healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment