Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Potty Training.

Potty Training...It is such a ominous word. In fact I hate the word, Loath it. A huge Journey of.....learning.

My son was learning with my friends daughter. I babysat her at the time. She was 2 turning 3 and Zeke was 1 turning 2. Zeke followed Violet and in no time at about 12-14 months was potty trained fully during the day. It was hard for me to give up diapers at night. Due to the scariness of the whole no diaper. When we went to Kentucky he was dry for 6 hours...it was time to give diapers up. He was an easy one. He was so for it, to get out of the diapers. Knocking on the door when he went potty and Stickers everywhere.

Lorilye is my little Diva. She has never really went on the potty. But she takes her diaper off as soon as she pees or poops. Tells me when she pees or poops. She knows her words. So yesterday we went all day without Diapers. Training Panties and bamn she was peeing in them. Never got made at her. She would cry, she hates messes. I would reassure her that it is okay. Today we tried again. She told me she was going pee...well I thought she already did...delayed 2 seconds and she was peeing. Later then, she took off her panties and I asked her to sit on her potty. Moved it to the living room due to the earlier accident and bam...my baby went on the potty. She had David, Lindsay and I cheering her on :) She was all excited. Getting a chart and more stickers tonight. We got her some pull ups even though I am only using those when we leave the house. Training undies are quite absorbent so it only takes me some little spraying on cleaner.

To think in 4 months or sooner...no more diapers ever again. Except the kids I babysit that is insane. She is growing up so much :) Big Tip to first time potty trainers....don't listen to all the horror stories. There are way too many out there. It could be completely easy and fun even. Don't let it frighten you

My little Lorilye Zanny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment