Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lots of Time ?

So I have been enjoying this weather. It is 80's in Ohio!
Okay I have been enjoying it too much. But I mean can you blame me :) On Sunday I decided to take rocks from the top of our hill all the way around the pond to my garden. It is quite a workout running up the hill and then lifting heavy rocks. Walking all the way back...gosh did my calves burn. According to my pedometer I did 2 miles on just that. Then just cleaning up the yard and running after the kids it is lovely.

Monday I hated the set up of plants around here. They had on just the left side of the sidewalk 3 holly bushes in a circle with a tree in the middle. Ya, so that bugged the heck out of me. So I ended up ripping up tons of grass to put the tree in the front yard,one of the holly bushes in the side yard and one holly bush on either side of the sidewalk. Plus I dug up a 3 ft circle of grass to plant my weeping Cherry Tree. If you have never seen one of these trees, they are absolutely beautiful. While doing this I got to see a Semi Crash into a car. Looked like the car ran the stop sign. We watched life flight land in the field right across the street. It was intense, seeing how many service people were there. Such a beautiful day for such negligence.

Yesterday it was in the High 80's! We were outside all day long. We even went Swimming :) Swimming in March! I am completely freaked out about water I cant see the bottom of. Having also full knowledge we have huge catfish made it even worst. I just keep moving a lot so I didn't have to think about it. Cannot wait til summer so every morning I can do laps :) We also are digging up a old brush pile. The End result 10 rose plants, peonies, Mimosa Trees, and strawberries. Probably much more, but need to see the roses done first. This week of beautiful weather is ending on Sunday and it will be back to spring weather. Oh well! If only summer felt this good at 80 or if it even stayed in the 80's.

I have also decided to get a riding lawnmower. But I decided I still want to push mow most of the lawn (5 acres) by push mowing. We do have a 3/4 acre pond with deck and beach, plus a huge barn, Dog Barn, and a Car Barn. Plus the handful of tree and garden. In the long run it really isn't that much. Plus even that little bit of exercise is okay with me. I have so much to get done before his whole family is here.

Signing out, lots to do today :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete