Friday, July 15, 2011

Twilight, growing on me?

I have been reading Twilight. People are on every extreme of this book. So I decided to pick it up and buy them. All four of them, Plus I have read the illustrated version of it too. I decided if I don't want to be a hypocrite than I better read it. Cannot be a ignorant person. So about 2 weeks ago I started reading it. Actually my favorite book is The Twilight Saga:the official illustrated Guide. It is Stephenie Myers every basic thought out plan for the movie. I was very pleased to see how much music influenced her writing. I gasped at how Blue October Music influenced sections of Stephenie Meyers work...Some of my favorite songs(Sounds of Pulling Heaven Down, Hate Me,Overweight,Congratulations,​What if we could) =) Some of my absolute favorites.

I even got my question answered on glowing Vampires"their cellular membrane is not as soft or permeable as in a human cell, it has crystalline properties that cause the surface to react prismatically,when in sunlight" It kinda makes sense, the scientist in me like yup. So I may not like the idea of a glowing diamond vampire, but I still will always love Lestat.

I haven't finished the 4th book yet, but I slowly drudging threw the beginning. Eclipe has been by far the best for me. I am not on Team Edward or Team Jacob because thats just well...juvenile. But I do like Carlisle and Jane. It was also kind of cool to hear this book all started in a dream and she wanted to finish it. Hell, there wasnt even a Jacob character to begin with.

In Interview with the Vampire, all the Vampires seemed to posses some type of power. Where as in Twilight its not that common of an occurrence. It as sort of went into a time where the Louie ate rats and Lestat was appalled by that. Of course, Twilight has the Trackers(hunt for fun,needs a thrill), Vegetarians (Animals) and of course, Just Plain Human Blood. Now even a human/vampire child that grows like hell.

I will say it is not the best book I have read common Sabriel, Lord of the Rings, or Time Travelers wife. It is written in more of a young adult way. Which is good, because at least they are reading something. But it was interesting to see where it goes. Even though I think I will be sad..due to the Characters leave all to guesses then.

And after 10 years...Harry Potter has ended. Mischief Managed for Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment