Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wedding

II XIV MMX

That is my wedding day. February 14th 2010. After 6 years of a "perfect" relationship we did the final stage. I say perfect because to me, perfect is even the faults. Every relationship has disagreements whether big or small. It is life.

I have been doing so much to lose weight..okay not all the time 100% but we have had weddings. Believe me way too many weddings.Its quite stressful. So my 16.8 pounds is a basic "I am trying"
Haven't gained any weight so I think I am doing just fine. My husband and I were cuddling and he decided to surprise me. He told me that "I am amazing" Which of course I already knew, that's not the surprise. "If and when I get at my goal weight or close enough he will get me the wedding dress of my choice and he doesn't care how much it costs. We will get the "Engagement pictures I want" I was giddy I was. He was flooded with kisses.

This moment will remain in my mind everyday for the rest of my life. Let me explain, back in 2008 we wanted to get married. I was mother of a three month old and working on my second pregnancy. We were talking about it. Then David told me he couldn't marry me because "I didn't know the truth and I wouldn't want him around me" That lead to a heartstopping world of pain and misery. Long story short, we recovered. When your meant to be anything can happen.

In December 2009 David came home from church. He told me he wanted to marry me and nothing was going to stop it this time. He said he wanted to get married that week. I told him ah..no. I wanted to wait til Febraury 14. He agreed and we were married at 2:30 at my grandparents house. My grandmother was in charge of decorating and getting everything together. She put those cute little puffy red rose trees and then the cake was so beautiful. Even when I pushed it all over Davids face, haha. She did our glasses and I was just so grateful. We got married in the presence of my children, my parents, his parents, my brother and sister in law, my grandparents, and davids grandparents. We were surrounded in love that day. My brother recorded it all. We married in front of a off white speckled black fireplace with a huge mirror above it.Guess thats how we do it when the Pastor is the father of the groom. It was all so lovely, it was so us.

So in honor of not only Davids words, but this year on our anniversary we will pledge our love again to each other. Since the last month we have lost our wedding rings. What a bummer. Mine wasn't that cheap so we decided to get our roman numerals tattooed on our ring fingers. The rest of our lives we are completely serious about. I could not find a better man, a better best friend, and a person I could spend easily the rest of my life together with.

I love you, David.
II XIV MMX




This dress is a maybe choice its me. I hate white. But maybe when we go to the dress store I will feel different. I dunno.


i thought that the world had lost its sway
(its so hard sometimes)
then i fell in love with you
(then came you)
and you took that away
(its not so difficult, the world is not so difficult)
you take away the old
show me the new
and i feel like i can fly
when i stand next to you
so what if I'm on this phone
a hundred miles from home
i take the words you gave
and send them back to you

No comments:

Post a Comment