Sunday, May 29, 2011

Death

In 2005, I was working at the fair. I was a parking girl. It was the end of the day and I was waiting for my boyfriend to get off of work. I was sitting with the other parking people teasing and playing with each other. While were sitting there, I was looking at the gravel path on the way out of C gate. I watched a bigger woman fall face first. We knew something was wrong. Chris and I ran all the way to F gate to get the paramedics, 2 other men helped her trying to get her to breathe. In essence, this woman died. She went to the fair and died. Heart attack. How is it life works that way. One day enjoying yourself next minute....their gone.

"Life has certainly had its downfalls and its tragics and black moments but it also has its great times you know."

This is Captain Phil Harris..He was 52 when he suffered from a massive stroke. Watching everyone go through that. Makes me think of my parents...they smoke, dad drinks occasionally. We went to see the taxidermy people at the imagination station and seeing first hand the damages of smoking. Which I already knew, I just dont think I want to deal with it. My parents are in their early 40's. Davids parents are in their 50's. I have only lost my Great Grandpa and Great Grandma and both were very hard on me. Lost them when I was 17. Dustin is easily, a reminder.

Dead is a scary impressive thought with me. I believe in the Christian way of Heaven. But sometimes the thought of being here and then not scares me. Paralyzes me. Its even like my brain goes to what if I forget everything about this life and I am just nothing. Nothing at all. Just a void in time. Scary ain't it. I think of my children and how my heart skips a beat when a nother child gets hurt. I pray my children never get hurt or worse. I think this starts to come up...because we are going on vacation. THe drive is long and anything could happen.

I pray for a safe journey. I pray we are surrounded by our lord. I hope everyones family...has a happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment