Friday, May 6, 2011

Running

So lately I have been attempting to run? This brings up things in my head. Even my friend who has bee "running" even says I would not call myself a "runner". According to everything I read you start out slow. As in my case, 2 minutes of running/4 minutes of walking for a week. Then it gets higher every week 3/3, 4/2 and etc. You build up. Does that mean at this point you aren't a runner. No, you are considered a runner. Dosen't matter if your just starting out or on that 26 mile marathon, you are considered a runner.

Running is exercise that burns calories like nothing else. Interesting fact about 60% of runners, run just to manage their weight. It burns your legs out, tightens your stomach, and burns your arms down. It helps you clear your mind, put yourself to the test, and even build up your lungs. My brother had asthma when he was younger and now he is running 26.4 marathon runs. Just amazing. Hes of course been running for 10+ Years. So he has well, a lot more experience than I do. In my exercise/weight loss journey I have been pushing myself up to the next level every chance I get. Maybe just to prove to myself I can do this. I strive to do this. Even when my calves feel like they are screaming from every direction or my biceps are dying. I still get up and do it. Even after my workout partner quit last month. I wasn't going to be like her.

I have heard from countless people that I am going to loss the weight. I feel gross, disgusting and etc. Then you watch them shove fast food and more unhealthy stuff in their face. All you can wonder, really you feel horrible about yourself but your eating that. Well then. I gave up pop, fast food(just subway, anything with corn syrup, high frutose, bleached stuff, and traded it all in. For water a gallon a day, working out for an hour a day, salads, wheat, and so much more. Seems know anything packed full of sugar makes me want to barf. Blah, seriously. This road is not being taken easily. But thats the fun in life.If everything was the same and normal. Life would be amazingly boring. Well off to do my exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment