Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 5: Get away from that Scale


Why is it that this $32 piece of plastic and metal rules are daily life. It controls our mood from destroying months of hard work to celebrating.Why? Because we let that single number control us.

I am not far from its mind controlling ways. My scale tells me how much fat I have, water weight, and my weight. Its the lethal kind. Something is bound to make you sad. For me gaining weight while trying to lose it was motivation to try harder. But when I didn't lose for a week I got pretty pissed off at the thing. Even replacing the batteries or moving it. So I decided to disconnect myself from the scale. I quit cold turkey.

Started Slim in 6 and it said 6 weeks of this program. I said fine, scale say your goodbyes and off it went to stay with my friend for 6 weeks.Also I told my friend I have to finish this in order to get if back. Can I say what motivation it has gave me? I will not be disappointed by that small significant number. You will not intimidate me! Even if I lose no weight at all I still rule over you, stupid scale. I know I have got new clothes and without that scale I see the progressive changes in the attitude, the new clothes, the smile, the stomach, and most of all the people around me.

It should be how YOU feel when losing weight and what YOU see! Not what that stupid invented thing is telling you. Let it remind you that maybe you fell off track. But DO NOT let it control you or your emotions. So do not beat yourself up if that number isn't what you use it as motivation to get it where you want.

I dare you to start something new and give the scale up. The first few weeks I wanted to call my friend and beg for it back...Yes, BEG. Then I realize It will be six week before I know it. And it has been October 1st is smiling at me :)

Smiling at me and saying Congratulations you have reached your 6 weeks now work harder.
Remember this is the rest of your life, not just a destination. It is a journey to better who you are forever.

*I fell apart, but got back up again*

No comments:

Post a Comment